We’re excited to share NCCADV’s official launch of #EndDVinNC
We have brand new social media content for this year’s Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM)!
This year’s campaign includes curated social media content that are free for NCCADV members to share and disseminate on your agency’s communication channels.
We all have a role in the movement to End Domestic Violence in North Carolina! Our #EndDVinNC awareness campaign features a multitude of ways to take action and support the movement including
- Wear purple and tag us on social media at #EndDVinNC
- Print and share our poster on how to start a conversation with a survivor of domestic violence from EndDVinNC.org
- Read & share an action guide on recognizing and responding to abuse. We have guides for employers, aestheticians, educators, faith leaders, law enforcement and more!
- Attend a local event from our DVAM calendar
- and more opportunities to get involved at EndDVinNC.org !
Big or small, local or virtual, there’s something for everyone to participate in this month.
It takes a listening ear and many small but consistent actions to support a survivor on their journey to a better life. Domestic violence is not a single isolated event; it’s a pattern of abuse that escalates with time. Similarly, leaving a home of abuse is not a one-time event, but a series of small and consistent decisions to take back control of one’s own life. Everyone knows someone impacted by domestic violence, whether a neighbor, colleague, family member, or friend. This means, we all have a role in ending the problem of domestic violence by helping those around us suffering from violence.
Share our social media content to raise awareness on the complexity of domestic abuse topics like:
- why don’t they just leave?
- warning signs of abuse
- child custody concerns for survivors leaving abuse
Two ways to share:
(1) Members-only: Download the social media toolkit here and post to your own platforms:
(2) Re-share NCCADV posts on your own platforms
Written by: Ruhani Amin
Digital Evaluator and Organizer
If you have a story or update that you want to be featured in this blog, please email Ruhani.