NCCADV has decided to cancel all trainings through August 31st in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our staff is constantly monitoring the information and recommendations coming from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) to assist us in making informed decisions about our training program and other activities.
NCCADV’s Training Program is committed to providing meaningful and relevant training support during this time. Over the next two weeks we will:
(1) Revisit and revise the 2020 training calendar to center the immediate needs of people working to support survivors while managing this crisis in our communities;
(2) Create a process to provide high quality online training opportunities, to meet training needs during the statewide restrictions on group gatherings and travel.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we reprioritize training during our current social distancing climate.
Each year NCCADV's Training Program provides a variety of trainings held in cities and towns across North Carolina. Our topics range from basic introduction to domestic violence advocacy to more advanced trainings that focus on a specific area of serving domestic violence victims and preventing domestic violence from happening in the first place.
Below is a list of trainings we will be offering in 2020. Trainings may be added as we complete the scheduling process.
2020 Training Offerings
- Domestic Violence Basics - a 2 day overview of domestic violence advocacy
- The Advocates' Institute - a 5 day comprehensive introduction to domestic violence advocacy
- Legal Advocates' Institute - a 3 day comprehensive intrtoduction to domestic violence advocacy within the legal system
- Suppoting Children Impacted by Domestic Violence
- Supporting Teen Dating Violence Survivors
- Supporting African, Black, & Afro-Caribian Survivors
- Suporting Survivors with Mental Health & Substance Use Disorders
- Domestic Violence Prevention 101
- Supporting Survivors with Disabilities & Deaf Survivors
- Supporting Victims of Technology Facilitated Abuse
As registrations open they will be added to the NCCADV Training Calendar. Double lick on the events in the calendar for training descriptions.
Are you an NCCADV Member and ready to register for a training? Follow this link and log into your Coalition Manager account to see all our trainings with open registration..
NOTE: You must be an NCCADV Member to view the above link and register for trainings. For more information about becoming a member visit nccadv.org/membership.