NCCADV is seeking a Staff Attorney to join our Legal Team. Under the supervision of the Legal & Policy Director, the Staff Attorney provides domestic violence, family law, and legal services as part of a grant to help address the unmet legal needs of domestic violence survivors. Click on this link for a detailed job description.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to Sherry Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/26/18. No phone calls, please.
Seeking Board Members
Would you like to be a part of the solution to end domestic violence in North Carolina? If so, please consider joining our Board. The NCCADV Board of Directors is pleased to announce that, following a yearlong restructuring of our Board, we are actively seeking additional members. Board members for NCCADV will serve the mission of our agency by:
- Attending regularly scheduled Board and Membership meetings;
- Actively creating and nurturing community partnerships with shared values and goals;
- Ensuring the financial stability of the agency by providing sound financial oversight and securing new sources of revenue through fundraising and other partnerships;
- Supporting the staff by working closely in partnership with the Executive Director;
- Supporting the mission of the agency by promoting and supporting agency programs;
- Ensuring that our agency’s mission is focused and relevant, and that we seek to achieve our mission by actively engaging in the best modern practices in the field.
Following our Board restructure, we have an immediate need for individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Nonprofit finances: budgeting, accounting, auditing
- Project management and strategic planning
- Resource development, especially individual fundraising
- Communications/marketing/public relations, including social media
- Social justice and social equity programs and partnerships
As always, the NCCADV Board seeks to reflect the diversity of the constituents we serve. As such, we are always seeking a broad spectrum of candidates who reflect the full range of diversity found within our state: racially, ethnically, in age, gender and sexual orientation, and in socioeconomic status and life experience.
Board service is voluntary and unpaid.
Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents. NCCADV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment policies and procedures assuring all qualified persons are accorded equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training. We strongly encourage formerly battered women to apply. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to African-American, Latina/o, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and LGBT persons. We also welcome people from all national origins, religions, ages, and ability status.