Fall 2017 Membership Meeting & Executive Director Leadership Institute
September 19-20, 2017 | Kinston, NC
Calling all NCCADV members! Make your voice heard! Make new contacts! Build your skills! Our twice-a-year membership meetings bring together agency directors, staff, and allied partners from across the state to connect with each other, provide input on NCCADV priorities, engage in collaborative problem-solving around current issues, and build capacity to address topics identified by our members as critical to their work.
Please join us on September 19 – 20 in Kinston, NC for 2 days of networking, learning, and sharing ideas.
Hampton Inn Kinston
Kinston, NC 28504
For the first time ever, this Membership Meeting will include a brand new Executive Director Leadership Institute (Day 1)!
This day-long Institute is being designed by and for Executive Directors who seek to enhance and grow their leadership skills. Registration will begin at 9am and the training will begin at 9:30. We will end the training on Day 1 at 5pm and will host a social/networking event that evening. The social will be open to all members. More details on the social to come at a later date.
Day 1 topics will include:
- Understanding yourself as a leader
- Creating a culture of shared leadership with your Board
- Managing priorities, time, and energy
- Creating a culture of accountability and collaboration with your staff
- Dive into questions that are keeping you up at night with other EDs
All NCCADV members are welcome and encouraged to attend Day 2 to connect with other agencies, engage in collaborative problem-solving, and provide input on NCCADV priorities. Furthermore, attendees will have the opportunity to hear the keynote on resiliency and engage in the workshop, “Strategies for Intervention: Uncommon or Unfamiliar Scenarios.” Registration will begin at 8:30 and the meeting will begin at 9am.
Registration will close on September 12th, or when we reach capacity. We encourage you to register early to ensure a spot.
The Membership Meeting is free and is only open to current NCCADV members.
- Day 1 (September 19th) is only open to Executive Directors, those who manage the domestic violence program of an organization, and those who are identified as the successor of these Directors in your organization’s Succession Plan.
- Day 2 (September 20th) is open to all members.
If you have questions about whether you’re eligible to participate in Day 1, please contact Lisi Martinez Lotz, Member Services Coordinator, email@example.com.