Conference Details and Registration Coming Soon
NCCADV is now accepting proposals for our 2018 conference!
NCCADV's mission is to lead the state’s movement to end domestic violence and to enhance work with survivors through collaborations, innovative trainings, prevention, technical assistance, state policy development, and legal advocacy. The NCCADV biennial conference aims to provide educational and networking opportunities for people engaged in anti-domestic violence work.
Our Conference Goals
- to bring forward innovative best and promising practices, and
- build relationships between service providers and across social justice movements in an effort to enhance survivor services and to end domestic violence.
The 2018 conference theme is Moving Forward: Redefining Justice in the Domestic Violence Movement. Our hope is to examine the history of our movement, celebrate the victories, learn from our mistakes, and figure out the best way to move into the next decade as a movement that is survivor-centered, trauma-informed, and intersectional.
The conference will take place May 22-24, 2018 in Raleigh, NC.
Who should submit a proposal?
We encourage anyone who is doing innovative work related to redefining justice in any aspect of the domestic violence movement, including intersecting issues, to submit a proposal. We recognize that the domestic violence movement intersects with other social justice movements and that we cannot end domestic violence without addressing all other forms of violence and oppression. To that end, we encourage proposals that incorporate a lens towards intersectionality, gender equity, racial equity, and/or any other topics related to anti-oppression work.
- Complete our online application.
- Applications received via e-mail or hard copies will NOT be considered.
- Proposals are due by 11:59pm on Friday, November 17, 2017.
- Proposals can be submitted in English or Spanish.
- Workshops can be presented in English or Spanish.
- Proposal submission does not guarantee workshop acceptance.
For questions about the submission process, please contact:
Carolina Alzuru, Director of Training
Phone: 919-956-9124, ext. 204